Sunday, January 12, 2014

Turn my Brain off Please.


My brain, which I can't always control, has been obsessing over the apartment ever since they accepted my proposal. 

I got some great news Friday afternoon too. They quoted my too high on the rent so it's going to be 460 instead of 500 a month. That means I'll cover the condo fees and still be under 500 a month. 

I'm antsy though and it's annoying. I hate being antsy. There are so many things I want to get started and so many things I want to do but can't because I don't have the keys to the place yet. I want to start packing and dismantling things here. I just want things to go faster. I know. I know. Things will rush along when they finally get moving, I'll probably wish I had more time. But I both feel like there isn't a lot of time to do things, I mean March isn't far off, and that things aren't moving fast enough. 

I barely know where I should start too.
I keep looking at my large bookcase and thinking where I'm going to put all the books I have. Mind you there are a lot of useless books/CDs/DVDs that the bf accumulated too. 

I have to figure out what I want to do with the furniture that is here but I feel like I can't make that decision until I really get a feel for the other apt and what will fit and what won't. Bf wants to sell stuff on the net and wants to know what I'm taking and what I'm leaving but I have no idea what I want to keep.

I have so many ideas for new furniture that I want to try to make or remodel on my own, but I need the time to do that and I don't really have the time or space in this place to start doing that. I kinda want everything ready by the time I move in but it won't be.

I've been spending way too much time looking at that room decorating software and youtube videos on how to redecorate spaces. I've been getting ideas and trying to make solid decisions on what types of spaces I want to create for myself. I just feel like I need to let my creativity go, but at the same time I'm having a hard time deciding what I like... ok that's not quite what I mean. I mean that I like a million things and I'm having a hard time narrowing down what I'd like to do in my place. There are so many options and so many cool ideas, how do people choose one?? How do they decide? 

Apart from the room creating feature of that software there's a mood board software which is cool. I'd never really used mood boards before but I found that it's actually pretty useful to figure out what colours and textures and details you can put together. A bit like creating a palette to work from. It helps me figure out what I like and what I want in a space.

This isn't mine but I do like the style and I'm thinking of using a similar style in the bedroom. I love the distressed old painted wood look, and it's really easy to achieve. 

No comments: