Thursday, January 30, 2014

Odd walk.

This week has been insanely busy. And it's going to continue to be insanely busy until I drop from exhaustion on Friday evening.

I worked two 10 hour days, Monday and Tuesday and I worked a normal day yesterday with an addition of translating and extra layout work I'm doing for a friend.

Things are normal otherwise. I've been looking for furniture. I found a bed! I'm excited about that cause I got it for a bargain. It's Ikea, who cares, I'm gonna paint it, but it was only 60 bucks.

What I really wanted to write about was that something odd happened last weekend.
It was sunny over the weekend. I can't remember what day now, but bf was having a nap so I decided to go out for a walk. My real plan was to go by the new apartment to see whether the sun would hit the living room window. I got down near the new place and I see this figure coming towards me from across the street. It was one of my students.

I've mentioned him recently. He's in his 20s and he's a lifeguard in the summer. He's cute, but not my type at all. Last I talked to him was on fb where he was really pushing for me to go to the pool with him and a friend of his. He was insisting for what had to be 10 minutes. The time previous to that he was asking me to come with him to another town to see an art exhibit.

Back to the story. So he comes across the street to say hi and we end up walking together. We walked around the nearby park, what had to be about an hour's walk. Yep... the whole time. We talked about this and that, mostly about his new job in an office, but also about art and other random stuff.

It was a little awkward, but it wasn't too bad. I'm not even sure I should say it was awkward, it was more odd than anything. I didn't get any pushy flirty vibes from him. It was just two people talking. I got the vibe that the last conversation about the pool was somewhat uncomfortable, but it never came up in conversation except him saying that he was going to the pool that afternoon. He certainly didn't ask me to come along, though perhaps that was due to the fact that I had a lesson (which reminds that it was Saturday).

So yeah odd weekend.


5 comments:

phoenix said...

I bet you will be seeing him again in that area.

Cande said...

It's definitely inevitable... I forgot to mention he literally lives around the corner from my new place.

phoenix said...

oh i see, that could be good you will know someone in the area if you did not before.

Advizor54 said...

maybe it's good that he didn't give off the flirty vibe. If he can relate to you as a friend, or just a frendly neighbor, that might be nice.

Anonymous said...

Most likely you don't like IKEA furniture, but I guess you will love www.ikeahackers.net .
Check it out.