Thursday, April 11, 2013

Another Apartment?

Thanks all for the well wishes. It's hard to lose a pet, but as many of you said, it's worth having them around. They're company is priceless.

I went to check out a new apartment the other day. I told bf I was going and since we've been doing a lot together in the past few days we decided to go together. It was a little strange, he did say that if I didn't want him to go he wouldn't get offended, but I said, hey why not, come along.

I half regretted it but at the same time it was useful to have him there. The owner was there and he seems like a genuinely nice person. Bf tends to talk too much when he's a little nervous so he rambled and rambled and rambled and I just wanted to do the talking myself. I even told bf before we left, let me talk. But he didn't.

Whatever, no harm was done I imagine. The place is interesting, it's the right size, but the set-up is terrible. It's on two floors, and I'd have to have the "living room/guest room" in the basement along with my work studio/laundry room. Upstairs I'd have the bedroom, kitchen and an entrance/large room where I'd teach and paint. It could work, but it would take a little organizing. I'd also be going up and down the stairs a lot with a living room downstairs and a bedroom upstairs.

The price is high though. They want a €100 more than the first place I'd found, so €660 but I'm going to see if I can get them down to €550.

The good thing is that it's closer to where I work and the centre of town. It's only a 5 minute walk from town instead of the 20-30 minute walk from the other apartment I'd found. PLUS it's on a super quiet street. I've got a large garden/patio almost all to myself. The owner lives upstairs but only part of the year since he travels a lot and has a second house in another part of the country. I'd say it's ideal....
Totally renovated, new tiles, two large bathrooms. One with a gorgeous shower with a built in seat.

We'll see how that goes.


1 comment:

Tom said...

I think it might be useful to have your work/teaching space on a separate floor from your sleep/living space, but this sounds like everything important is crammed into the second floor.