Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gone

My bird passed away last night.

Believe it or not I looked over at his perch and got a slight chill around the time he passed on.

There's an empty space where his perch was. Bf took it down right away. We buried him in the garden behind the house. When we got home from the vet's I sat down and cried, bf came to hug me and miracle of miracles, cried too.

It frustrates me to no end how he deals with his emotions, but I can't exactly be judgmental on that front. I'm not great with mine either.


4 comments:

CuriousRob said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Cande. Its never easy losing a beloved pet. Under the best of circumstances we have to cope with them dying of old age, and when they go because of illness or injury it's such a helpless feeling.

Advizor54 said...

You are in my thoughts.... Losing a pet is difficult, they fill a special part in our lives that isn't quite family, but more than an animal, they soothe us and entertain, they make us laugh and fill the quiet times when we just need another presence in the room. My heart goes out to you, and the BF.

Johanna said...

I'm so sorry Cande... I know what it's like. The pets I've had the honour of sharing many years with all live in my memory still, though it has been many many years since I lost the last one. You are in my thoughts.

Malcolm said...

Sorry, Cande. Humans are generally longer lived than most pet animals so it's inevitable that we suffer loss. But the sorrow is well compensated for by the companionship, don't you agree?