Saturday, March 23, 2013

Oh yes I've done it again.


Rob
I took a leap of courage and booked myself an art course in the UK for July. It cost very little to book the space on the course so I figured even if I had to back out it would be ok.

I told Rob shortly after I'd booked it, I told him the date and asked when would be ok to meet up. I had two weeks off work before the course so there was plenty of time. I knew he was busy in a couple of summer dates, but I didn't exactly know when, but I figured that with 2 weeks available I'd be able to wing something.

It turns out the dates weren't the best, we chatted online briefly one evening and I was worried the dates were completely wrong, I left it with him for the night and the next day or the day after we caught up on Skype for a phone conversation. We've worked it out, we're meeting up for the 7th and 8th of July.

He says it's a long way off. It's not really... It's almost Easter now. Soon enough it'll be April. Four months will go by quickly.

I've booked my flights now too. I'm flying into Paris and out of London. I'll be spending a few days in Paris and then taking the train to London. I've never been to Paris. I've always wanted to go, and I'll get to practice my french, see the louvre and all the gargoyles and gothic cathedrals I've always studied.

BF / Apartment
The bf may be worried that I'm going with someone else. I told him that I'm going for 2 weeks and he kept asking who I'm going with, I just kept interpreting his question as what airline I'm traveling with, and I kept answering the same answer.

He has bought the apartment he was looking at. He's put the down payment on it and will be choosing the floor tiles. Sometimes I think about it and it scares me. For the most part I'm ok, but I do panic at times, it's such a huge change for us. He's smoking again, I saw him smuggle a pack of cigarettes into his jacket. But we're getting along fine these days. He still gets on my nerves, but we're not at each other's throats.

I will hopefully have time to get to some real estate agencies this week and start the search again. I did get told about a place which would be ideal but it's a bit too far out of my way.

I have a lot of things on my plate, I've got lots of opportunities, I just need to figure out exactly what I want. Lot's of job options opening up for me, and I like them but I need to really concentrate and decide what I want for myself and what I think I can handle.

I am exhausted after a very intense week of work, I have only Sunday to rest up before another fairly intense week but it should be the last before getting things back on a normal spring track. March is always kinda crazy but luckily the weather is nicer, it was sunny and warm enough to sit outside on the patio and soak up some rays and produce some vitamin D.


6 comments:

rachel-xx said...

I love you. (Forgive me please, I get too emotional when I'm sick). I've marked July 7th and 8th on my calender too - I will be looking forward to it for you. I hope its everything you want it to be and I'm so happy you have something scheduled. Now you get to have several weeks of verbal foreplay!!! I love that!!! I'm so happy for you.

Tom said...

A lazy afternoon in the sun is the perfect way to decide what you want to do...

Johanna said...

That sounds absolutely wonderful. You'll enjoy both the art course and Rob, I'm sure... fantastic! You're one brave woman.

About the apartment(s)... does it mean BF is moving out? Could you then stay on in your current apartment, on your own?

I'm not sure what I'm more envious of - you going to the UK, or the sun on the patio... oh and the job options sound good too. I'm happy for you!

Malcolm said...

I think you'll enjoy the train journey Paris - London. The chunnel wasn't operational until after I left UK but French railways are good. Enjoy London, I lived there for years in the 1950s and three of my children were born there.

Johanna said...

Oh, and Paris...! I lived there just for a few months, and I've been back a few times... what a city. Great for exploring on your own, in my opinion. Bring good shoes.

Cande said...

Rachel, I know right!?! should be fun. I'm really looking forward to it, I'm already daydreaming about the whole thing.

Tom, Yeah, definitely the best time. Too bad winter came back with force, it was snowing yesterday evening here :(

Johanna: Thanks, I don't really feel brave but I can see how it might look like it.
Bf is going to move out of the apartment here which will give me plenty of time to find something else. I can't stay here due to the type of work I want to be doing, so I still have to move out at some point.
Don't worry about the sun it was a total fluke I think, like I said it was snowing yesterday. As for Paris I am so looking forward to that, and yes I'm currently looking for a good pair of shoes to bring!!

Malc: Should be interesting, it's too bad the "chunnel" isn't a massive transparent aquarium with sharks and puffer fish swimming around. lol