Sunday, November 6, 2011

Energy and Emotions.


There are days when the energy inside is so strong; the emotions are so intense that you need to focus them somewhere. They can't just sit inside you. They can't just stagnate. They need release, they need to interact, they need feedback, they need to evolve. 

When I don't get that interaction, I often feel like I'm going to explode. Problem is that the energy and emotions seem to be people specific, I can't just aim that energy towards anyone or anything.

Maybe I need to learn to channel that energy into other things. Maybe I need to learn how to focus that energy in different ways. 

But then, couldn't it be a mix of insecurities that need reassurance? And if so, then how is it possible to harness those emotions to channel them? 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally when I need to channel energies towards a certain person and they can't respond I write them an email or a note that I then save somewhere, usually a never seen journal online for further reference, with tags of their name (or a code name just in case) and get all my frustrations out there. Then if I still have them when I see them next I have it written down ready for when I do see them.

Hope that helps x

Tantra Flower said...

I've had these feelings before. It's miserable and frustrating. I hate that you're having to go through it. One thing that's helped a lot is meditation and yoga. I don't try and purge the feelings or control them, I just sit with them and let my mind go wild. I do this for about ten minutes and then I do about an hour of yoga. It really helps. The feelings don't leave completely, of course, but I feel so much better and in control of my body. It never seems that it will help at the time, but afterward I feel so much better. xo

Advizor54 said...

I don't have the patience for yoga, and writing a letter just increases the chance that I'll get in a funk at some point and acutally send it. (been there, done that, it rarely works out for the best).

I run, I lift, I swim and then I move on.

I've given up on "closure", fairness, reciprocity, and balance. If I had your talent I would paint, create, find that cathartic color palette and attack the canvas with a vengeance. Then, when it's just perfect, sell it for a million Lire and retire rich and happy. Would that work?