Tuesday, June 14, 2011

thanks

Thanks everyone for such kind words. As much as you guys are reassuring, I know I was not really behaving properly. I do however have the possibility to blame my anxiety for some of it, which hits hard on occasion, and I have a hard time understanding when it's hitting and why. I don't recognize it when I should. I need to learn to figure that out and this last episode has helped me understand more. So next time, hopefully I'll be more aware.

Sunday eve things started to calm in my brain. Monday morning early my boss called up saying she was sick and I had to go in to work alone and do all the lessons she does with me by myself. It was hair-raising and difficult. I was exhausted by 5:30 having to deal with a group of 6 women all on my own from 9 to 5:30. At 6:30 I had a lesson until 7:30 and by evening I was so tired I didn't know what to do with myself. 

I managed to crawl into the shower and crawl back to the couch to watch (the tail end of) Ethan Hawke play Hamlet dubbed into Italian, a very strange combination. But Ethan Hawke is cute so it was worth it.

My anxiety levels are much lower than the weekend luckily. I'm still really exhausted mentally and physically. Hopefully I'll catch up on rest a bit before my guests get here on Thursday, I want to be able to show them around a little. 

1 comment:

Advizor54 said...

Teaching on your own is tough, especially when it's a hands on class with language issues. I'm sure the women had a wonderful time.

I'm glad to hear the mood is lifting a bit. Sometimes a day of hard and busy work is just what we need to clear our anxious mind.

:-)