Thursday, February 17, 2011

The cute guy.

I can't get an HNT up this week unless I manage to get some time on my own by midnight tonight... which is a minor possibility... in the meantime I'll tell this story.

So I was walking home from work the other evening, after dark, and I walk past a cute young guy, beard and glasses type, he was wearing a coppola hat, very trendy. He looks me straight in the face and says "hey" in English... otherwise it would be "ey". I take a double take and say "Ciao" quietly a bit surprised. I thought he was trying to pick me up. I was happily flattered until he planted himself on the sidewalk and said "how are you?" in Italian.

lol

Yeah I knew the guy but hadn't recognized him. He graduated with Co-worker boy and has his own business now. Very similar to the place I work at, but smaller scale. I've seen him around various times at openings and art shows. It's a small town and so if there's an opening or a show everyone in the field goes.
We've been introduced and I've even been over to his business to spend a bit of time and to say hi.

He is hot, very attractive, yes. Especially before the full on beard. I'm not much for bearded guys usually. I used to stare at him at these events, kinda hoping he'd pay more attention to me, then I found out he's married/or has a partner and just recently had a kid. Every time I see him I flirt a little, but he rarely pays much attention as far as I could tell.

It really surprised me the other evening though. I just didn't know what to say. He wanted to make small talk, and asked me where I was going at that hour. I told him that I was on my way home, that I had worked all afternoon and that I was tired. He had two shopping bags full of food and beer, he was heading back to his "office" for a bit of a party with some friends. I only realized when I got home that he was probably contemplating inviting me. When I told him I was tired he probably decided against it.

Annoying thing is that BF was eating at a friend's house that evening and it would have been perfect. Oh well...

1 comment:

Advizor54 said...

Sometimes we miss the most obvious invitations.... But there is always another art opening or gallery event, maybe you can be the one to invite him over....