Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dildo

So I've had some interesting evenings recently and I thought I'd tell the tales.
The first was a birthday party. It was a fairly dressy dinner thing with a mixed group of people from different places. 3 Americans (two women and a gay man), a gay Swiss man, a gay Argentinean man, a man from Nigeria (if I'm not mistaken), and a handful of Italians. Most were men.

My end of the table had the two American women one of which was from a town she nicknamed Mildew. Which brought to mind where my grandparents are from. Dildo. Yes folks, there's a town in Canada called Dildo. It's in Newfoundland.


Oh yes it was a good laugh indeed when I explained this. It always is. And I love that this town is in my history. The Americans then asked the Italians how to say dildo in Italian. And we realised that there is no such word to translate this object. There's the word vibrator, but not dildo. So then we started wondering the etymology of the word dildo. ( I have decided to do further research on the subject and will post about it at some point).

Then that friend of mine, the british girl that I would go out and get occasionally drunk with decided to go back to London. She decided to have a last girls day with me and the friend we have in common. It was an evening of drinking vodka, wine and cleaning her apartment so that she didn't have to do it alone. I diligently washed her fridge. I mentioned the evening out at the birthday party and brought up the dildo conversation. And the conversation went way further than I would have possibly imagined. 

Let me give you a rundown on the two girls. The Londoner is a 28 yr old girl who flirts tons, probably sleeps around a little, but overall is a good and pretty normal girl. Then there's our friend in common who is usually really pretty uptight and shy, although she has these strange outbursts of flirtiness when guys are around. She's a huntress and wants her prey. She's pretty, blond, nice tits but the general consensus on her personality is that she's odd and somewhat annoying. 

Let's get back to the conversation. Right, so the Londoner joked saying she had three vibrators, I asked what colours. And then our blond friend admitted that one of the guys that works with her bought her three vibrators. Among which one that was black and studded with rhinestones. hunh.... who'dve guessed? 

Since we were cleaning out the Londoner's apartment and taking anything she wasn't going to take back with her I asked her what was in her top dresser drawer. She squealed and refused to let me see what was inside. I jumped to the obvious conclusion that her vibrator was in there. 

I caught a glimpse of what was in there while the other two were off dumping garbage. Yep it was a bright pink rabbit.


It looked something like this.... not exactly but I was drunk and didn't want to pull it out of her drawer to get a good look at it.

So I have to make one confession. I flirted with the Londoner. If there was any girl I'd get into bed with, it'd be her I think, while I was really drunk though. I don't know if she caught on, she might have just assumed I was being playful or over zealous. In any case, I found her trying to sleep on the bed at one point, she was pretty drunk, and I practically jumped on her. But all's good (so to speak), nothing happened... darn eh?

She's gone now, I'm sad, and I'll miss her, but I'll see her in London next time I go. So that is ok.

4 comments:

Eden said...

Funny name for a town. It does make you wonder about the origin of the word. Be great to hear about the research.
As for London girl, hey, you never know. She could be another future interesting chapter. Glad you keep an open mind ;-)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you'll get to use one of those three vibrators when you visit her in London...or have one of them used on you. Do you have a preference? ;-)

-MAXX-

Anonymous said...

I'm originally from Newfoundland. Drove past that community all the time growing up visiting family. Funny enough, the signs to the community kept getting stolen...

Love your site, btw. Glad I stumbled upon it.

Cande said...

Anon: Hey! glad to see a fellow Newfoundlander on here... not that I grew up there or anything but I am proud do have it in my family :)

I'm not surprised those signs keep getting stolen! haha I'd try to nick one myself!

Glad you like the blog. And Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from new readers.