Monday, August 9, 2010

Paypal

Ok so I've been thinking. I've been needing to pay a friend of mine for help with a translation and I was thinking that the best way to do that would be with a Paypal account. Then I started thinking about starting some side jobs on internet writing or something... or something. Anyhow I was thinking that Paypal could also be useful in this case.

I need some advice on how it works. Does anyone have any ideas?

I need to set up a relatively anonymous account where I can pay people and accept money without any real names going through. Is this possible?

I already have a prepaid credit card that is just mine. (I'm not sure that's relevant or not)

Here's to hoping someone can help me figure this out :)

3 comments:

Ethan Lambert said...

I have very seldom used Paypal account, but I seem to recall that it gave me the real names of people I'd pay and people who'd pay me. Maybe if you set up a business Paypal?

Cande said...

hmmm I don't have a VAT number for business Paypal. I suppose it's not a problem if the person I pay gets my real name. I just don't really want my secret email address (the one I use for this blog) to be connected to the people I'm paying. And I don't want people who pay me to know my real name either. Perhaps it's too complicated.

R. said...

DN is right - they do show real names. And not that you would (although I did!), but using PayPal for adult-themed transactions will get your account suspended with them. I found that one out the hard way, haha :)