Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Winter

Winter is a great season. Don't get me wrong, my favourite is always Summer; shorts, tank tops, tummy in full view, short skirts, bathing suits. But winter is a wonderful season I love the warmth of soft wool sweaters, I love sitting at home under blankets on the couch, watching movies and drinking tea. I love warm socks. If I had a fireplace it would be even nicer.
Cuddling in front of a fire while it snows outside, christmas cookies and cinnamon tea to keep me warm.

One of my fondest memories of an ex-boyfriend was a snow-in. It was a normal winter day in west coast Canada, when out of the blue it started to snow and didn't stop. My bf was staying at my place, his was too far away. It snowed for two days straight until there was 5 feet of snow in front of the doors. The snow plows couldn't get through and the snow covered the cars on the street.

We stayed at home, in bed, making love, talking and getting up just to eat, for 4 days straight. It was magical. We took a walk to get bread, it was like the Klondike. Walking at the level of the hoods of the cars, making a new trail in the snow.

Isolation creates an amazing connection sometimes. If it doesn't draw you closer it can tear you apart.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a love hate relationship wit winter I hate being cold but I love snuggling with my boyfriend. You're very right when you say that if it doesn't draw you closer it can tear you apart.

dark snow said...

at least that particular winter is amazing...

Cala Gray said...

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Holiday!!:)

Daniella said...

Hi Cande )) We are kinda colleagues.. )))
I was wondering if you had a blog "Confessions of a camgirl" before? It was really nice and your style reminds it somehow :)

Dani xoxo

Curly's Deals said...

I am enjoying yoru blog. I would love it if you could send me a sexy pic of you for my blog. I would be sure to include a link to your blog in the post.

http://curlysxxx.blogspot.com/

cheshirecat said...

Wow. When I first started reading your blog I was just curious about the sexual content. But posts like this that show your intelligent, introspective side really amaze me because it shows the different dimensions to your personality and its incredible depth. In other words, you got quite a noggin on you, girl.